Best Practices - FRC
This category summarizes the recommended best practices when integrating navX-Sensor technology with the National Instruments RoboRIO™. Following these best practices will help ensure high reliability and consistent operation. Users of the navX-Sensor technology for FRC are strongly encouraged to read through all of the articles in this section before opening a new ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any tools available to help understand how a navX-sensor works?
- How can the navX-MXP be used in a non-horizontal position?
- How does one ensure the MXP connector remains connected?
- What are the most important issues to consider when calibrating a navX-Sensor?
- What is the best mounting position for a navX-sensor?
- What is the best way to handle sensor drift?
- What is the best way to make navX2-MXP and navX-MXP robust in brownout scenarios?
- What methods should be used for electrical robustness?
- What should one do to eliminate vibration?
- What software steps can be used to make robot operation robust?
- What steps should be taken to ensure proper sensor function?