Frequently Asked Questions
How does one update the firmware on the VMX Robotics Controller?
- VMX Circuit Board (rev. 4.0 or higher)
- PC with USB 2.0 port running Windows 7 or greater.
- Micro-USB Cable
Updating the Firmware
- Download the VMX Tools for Windows latest build.
- Unpack the contents of the vmx-pi.zip file and run the setup.exe program, which will install the tools as well as all necessary device drivers for communicating over USB with the VMX-pi, as well as some additional tools. In addition, the setup program will install the latest firmware at the following location:
[Installing User Home Directory]\vmx-pi\firmware
For example, if you installed the VMX-pi Software while logged in as user name "Robot", the directory name will be C:\Users\Robot\vmx-pi\firmware.
- Within that directory, the firmware file will be named using this pattern:
(X = Major Version Number Y = Minor Version Number Z = Revision Number)
- Connect a USB-micro cable from a Windows PC to the VMX circuit board. Use the micro-usb connector immediately to the left of the VMX power connector.
- From your Start Menu, select “Kauai Labs” and then click on the VMXFirmwareUpdater menu item, and follow the directions included in the program.
- Once you have downloaded the firmware, you can use the “Currently-loaded Firmware Version” tab of the VMXFirmwareUpdater to verify the version number you have just installed.
Last Updated 4 years ago