BRAND NEW NEXT-GENERATION SENSOR NOW AVAILABLE - leveraging new sensors and state-of-the-art algorithms to deliver a leap forward in accuracy and performance.
navX2-Micro Robotics Navigation Sensor is compatible with the FIRST Technology Challenge (FTC) and RoboRIO-based FIRST Robotics Challenge (FRC) Robotics Control Systems. navX2-Micro is a next-generation sensor, based on the core technology within the navX-MXP sensor now in use by hundreds of FIRST Robotics Challenge (FRC) teams.
navX2-Micro features a 32-bit ARM processor, the ST Micro LSM6DSM IMU and LIS2MDL 3-axis Magnetometer, and software algorithms which include enhanced sensor calibration, KalmanFilter-based data fusion combining gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer data into a “9-axis heading”, and high-quality magnetometer calibration including magnetic disturbance detection. In addition to being an Inertial Measurement Unit, navX-Micro capabilities are referred to within the aerospace industry as an “Attitude/Heading Reference System” (AHRS). Kauailabs brings this high-tech AHRS capability to FIRST FTC teams – to use, learn and explore. navX-Micro is a key component of Kauailabs’ ongoing efforts to make state-of-the-art navigation technologies used in drones and autonomous vehicles available to robotics students and enthusiasts as low-cost, open-source products.
For more details, please visit the navX2-Micro Online Documentation.
Sophisticated Motion Processing
- High Accuracy, Low-latency Yaw, Pitch and Roll Angles calculted by real-time Kalman Filter running at 416Mhz
- Factory Accelerometer Calibration, Automatic Gyroscope Calibration
- Quaternions and Gravity-corrected Linear Acceleration and Velocity Measurements
- High-sensitivity Motion Detection
- Tilt-compensated Compass Heading
- 9-Axis absolute heading w/Magnetic disturbance detection
Inertial/Magnetic Measurement Unit
- Configurable Update Rate from 4 to 200Hz
- Access to Raw Data from Gyroscopes, Accelerometers and Magnetometers
Easy to Use
- Plug-n-Play connection on FTC and FRC robots via I2C and USB interfaces
- 5V and 3.3V-compatible I2C Signaling
- Can be powered by either 5V or 3.3VDC
- Connection to Windows PC via USB Cable
- FTC and FRC Software libraries and sample code
- Support for Mounting in horizontal, vertical and even upside-down configurations via Omnimount
- Tools for Magnetometer Calibration
- Plastic enclosure is available separately; a custom navX2-Micro enclosure can be created with a 3D printer using provided Enclosure design file